Sunday 28 October 2012

Badminton Today

Today I have arranged with a friend to play badminton and have been told by the place that the courts are free and I just have to phone this morning to book one for either 2 or 3pm which is great. I am looking forward to playing a lot and I am just hoping that it does not hurt my foot too much. Being realistic I know that my foot will hurt to some extent and it is just making sure that I do not go over that boundary to where it is going to hurt for a long time. 

I really hope that today is going to be a great day and rather than post this as two separate posts I am going to do it as one so see below to see how badminton went....

Well things got off to a shaky start as first my side, which has been hurting a but since I practised in the hallway, really hurt quite bad after the first shot I reached for but seemed to clear up a bit after that, perhaps it just needed a good stretch and then I noticed pain in my right leg, up near the hip and this was not so bad but has not gone even now a few hours after finishing and I am hoping it is just where I am getting back into it or where I am putting extra weight on that leg at the moment. The new shoes I got are not great because of the limited toe protection but this is probably because I took the original inserts out so I am going to try a) with toe protectors of some kind, b) with original inserts though I would like to use my orthotics really or with running trainers which I what I used to do. It would seem like a waste of money on the trainers but I need to do what is best for my foot which did not hurt at all so we shall see....

In terms of play I was 2-0 down in the first game but won 15-3 and 15-1 in the 2 games I played. Still got some way to go to get back to my old form, a long way to go but it should come back to me pretty quick if I start playing regularly.

So it looks like my foot is now ok for me to play badminton on which is fantastic. Huge smile on my face when I won that first game...

No comments:

Post a Comment