Thursday 19 April 2012

My Support

Just a little bit about today. Today was the least painful work day I have had in the last week, this doesn't mean much as it was still worse than pretty much every day before Easter and certainly worse than every day before the wedding (though I am refusing to link the wedding to the initiation of this progressing). I was still asked by several people today why I was limping and a couple more asked about the hoodie which I wore today. 

 In a way it is good to have the hoodie as it gets people to ask the question and this in turn raises awareness and that is one of the things that I want to do. The looks on peoples faces when the realised what I am going through is quite something and these are people that I am not great friends with but rather chat to occasionally at work. In the process of chatting to one of these people they realised that they live quite close to us and so have offered that if I should finish at the same time as them they are happy to give me a lift home which is really nice and would be fantastic. I have already had a similar offer from a great friend who is willing to take the time out of his day just to bring me home. 

We also had a wonderful surprise in the post in the form of a cheque for half of the money that we need. This came from my grandparents who have said that they wanted to help but I was shocked at just how much they were able to help. This means that we are likely to be able to make enough money and we are able to get me this treatment and hopefully it will help. Makes me very very happy. 

On another note we also had a message from a friend of mine who has started to raise money for a 10Km run that he is doing in order to raise money for my treatment. When you are going through hard and painful times it is fair to say that certain people make that extra effort, even at work some people notice and some people do little things, some people on-line share links and try to create awareness and some friends are literally running that extra mile to help me out and I can't thank them enough as potentially all of their efforts will not only help me and possibly change the rest of my life for the better but also we might make enough money to give some to the British Dupuytren's Society and who knows where that could lead. 

I really hope that one day that there is a cure for Dupuytren's and Ledderhose and I really hope that it comes sooner rather than later. If it doesn't then I hope that my blog can at least help some people out there who have these conditions, if you want a chat then please message me and leave comments as I want to help as many people as I can and all I can say is that I hope that anyone else out there that has this has the same awesome and amazing support as I am getting from my wife, friends and family. 

Thank you. 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment